It’s been 7 months since I first laid my eyes on my daughter and I can say with conviction that being a mother is not an easy feat. Before Milly, I thought being a mom was just easy-peasy. Change the diapers, feed them, take care of them and most especially love them with all your heart. Now that I am a mom, I have discovered so many things. Things I didn’t know I could do. Being a mom has transformed me to a new me; I am like a totally different person right now. It’s so difficult to put into words but these are the things I didn’t know I could do before a became a mom.
1. I didn’t know how much I could tolerate myself watching the same cartoons over and over again. I even keep on humming their “theme songs”. Baby Einstein, Elmo, Furchester.
2. I didn’t know I could suck and hold a snot, smell diapers and poo poos. I even have the guts to hold every diaper just to check if it’s full or not. :D
3. I didn’t know I could hold my pee for more than 6 hours just so I wouldn’t wake up Milly from sleeping.
4. I didn’t know that I could sing and compose songs out of any words that come out from my mouth.
5. I didn’t know that I could appreciate the smell of sour milk, smelly feet and armpits (of a baby of course J)
6. I didn’t know that I have so much energy stored in my body. Ever since I gave birth, I never had the chance to get a good sleep. I am already lucky if I get 3 hours of sleep every day. Despite the long travel hours from work, I still feel energize whenever I see Milly.
7. I didn’t know that I could deprive myself from buying something but I can splurge that much if it’s for Milly.
8. I didn’t know I could dance in public just to lull Milly to sleep.
9. I didn’t know I have a strong body. I’ve always complained carrying my work bag before, but now that I have Milly, I can carry so many things all at the same time. 2 big bags on my left and Milly on my right.
And here are my top 5 realizations
1. I didn’t know that I could be a better person. (I hope)
2. I didn’t know that I could appreciate the real value of time. Now that I have a daughter, I always wantto spend each moment with her. Time flies real fast so I need to make the most out of every minute I spend with her.
3. I didn’t know that I could have another source of inspiration other than my husband: D
4. I didn’t know that I could be patient. I’ve always thought that I have a bad temper, but apparently it turned out that I am actually gentle in so many ways.
5. And last but not the least; I didn’t know that I could love in a very unconditional way.
How about you? What are the things that you have learned and discovered when you became a mom?