Friday, May 3, 2013

Baby Dust Please after D/C or raspa


It’s been a while since the last time I have updated this blog – I've been preoccupied lately with work and busy reading books for the past few months. Here are some of my book reviews: www.thekatreads.blogspot.com


I promise to update this post every now and then, make it a habit to post at least 3 times a month. I've always wanted to improve the way I write, and of course, express my thoughts freely.   This start of the year has been a blast for me, I’ll be turning 27 years already next week, plus my ever loving husband and I are going to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. It’s such a great feeling to reach that milestone, and still, it feels like we’re still on courting stage.


As early as now, my husband and I are already on our TTC stage – well we've tried it as soon as we got married. However, we both didn't know that not all couples are blessed to conceive that easily. And unfortunately, we are part of the chunk that is not blessed right away with little angels.


Wanting a baby so bad can cause stress which could greatly affect the TTC stage. In as much as I would like to tell my mind that I should relax and drift away from baby planning,  my subconscious still tells me that we want a baby so bad. 


So last month, my husband and I went to my OB-gyne to have my “down there” checked. I had a couple of ultrasounds and follow up checkup to see if there’s a problem with me. I know from the start that I was “normal” – I've had regular periods, seldom menstrual cramps and other usual symptoms. Little did I know that there’s a problem with my uterus and it had to be scraped because of the blood that got jammed ever since I had my monthly period.  


So I went through the process of D/C or also known as raspa. Dilation and curettage (D&C) is a procedure in which your doctor removes tissue from the inside of your uterus. Dilation and curettage is used to diagnose or treat various uterine conditions.  My husband and I was very afraid because from what I've heard, the procedure is more painful that giving birth. Good thing, my ob was very good, and I never felt any pain during the procedure, except when the nurse sedated me. (oh boy, that was really painful. It makes me cringe every time I remember it).  They had me choose what type of anesthesia they are going to give me so I wouldn't feel any pain at all. As far as I know, patients can choose between anesthesia that is injected on the spine (that was painful so I didn't choose it) or the anesthesia that is injected on the dextrose. The dextrose was my option, because I've had enough with the sedation. *cringe*.




After they injected me with the anesthesia, I can hardly remember everything that had happened. The last thing I could remember was when they brought me to the operation room, and woke up 4 hours after the procedure. I was too groggy to remember every details but all I know is that I never felt anything.  If you’re scouting for the price, we were charged 29,000 by Las Pinas Doctors Hospital. If memory is correct, the PF of my OB for D/C was 9,000.


As per my recovery period, it took me almost 2 weeks to go back to work. I have a strong pain tolerance, 2 days after the procedure; my husband and I went straight away to the mall without thinking that the reason why I couldn't feel the pain is because the anesthesia hasn't worn off 100%. After few minutes of walking in the mall, I already felt a scorching pain in the middle of my abdomen, which made me realize that straight bed rest is fully needed in order to recover from the procedure. Thank you to coffee and my e-book reader. They became my companion while I was on sick leave for more than a week.


This was me when I strolled 2 days after D/C. I even I had the time to try some hats and took a couple of shots. This was my fave. Hehe. 


Right now, I’m keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully the journey to TTC will be much easier. BABY DUST PLEASE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazada Philippines
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...