Monday, March 24, 2014

Congenital Anomaly Scan

2 weeks ago, I already had my most-awaited Congenital Anomaly Scan (CAS). This is a procedure wherein an extensive ultrasound is being done to check your baby’s development. This is where the sonographer checks if the baby is normal, or has some birth defects. 

CAS is a good way to check your baby’s development inside your tummy. Questions like “What if my baby is not normal?”; What if my baby has birth defects?” are quite normal. I myself also asked those questions and prayed to God that everything’s fine with my baby.  Thank God, the scan was normal and no birth defects were found.

I consider CAS as a must procedure while pregnant because this would give us the assurance that our baby is healthy and normal. Be sure to talk with your husband too how you are going to deal with the situation in case they find something wrong with your baby.

For more info regarding Congenital Anomaly Scan, please check: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a557390/anomaly-scan-20-weeks

Cost of CAS is more expensive than the usual ultrasound. Some hospitals offer CAS but if you’re on a budget, you may opt to have the procedure done on a diagnostic center. In our case, we paid 1,600 for the CAS in PMP diagnostic centers. Much cheaper as compared to hospitals. From what I’ve read, some hospitals charge almost 3k for the procedure.


Here’s a sample of the detailed CAS report; I have many printed pictures too in black and white. ☻ My OB was kind enough to give me the pictures she saved on her records. 



My darling baby. 


1 comment:

Lazada Philippines
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...