Thursday, February 26, 2015

I am blessed

Yesterday, I shared my feelings about the way I feel. Grief is inevitable but I know I can do something about it. It has been almost a year since she passed away, but I am still in the process of acceptance. I prayed and asked for God's guidance so I can have my own peace of mind and learn how to let go. As I looked at my daughter earlier this morning, I have realized that there is more to life than being sad; that there are so many ways on how to be happy. I have an adorable daughter, a loving husband, a job that I've been embracing for more than 5 years so why should I be blue? 

My mom may have left us, but her memories will always stay in our hearts. So from this day forward, I promise to myself to let go. It doesn't mean that I am going to forget about her, but it’s already time to move on and to accept. She is in a better place right now where there is no pain and grief.  Today, I learned once again that I should be happy because my mom’s suffering has ended.   I am just sad that she never got the chance to meet her granddaughter, Milly. This for me is one of the most difficult things to come to terms with.

I will continue to live life to its fullest (so cliché, eh). I will continue to be the best mom to my daughter, to be a good wife to my husband and to keep myself with all the wonders of life that I enjoy. To inspire, to write, to smile and to love. 

I am blessed, and should be happy. 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mommy Katrina, I adore you for having a hopeful spirit. God heals all depressed souls. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death in the family is always difficult. Others would always say youl'd be okay, but moving on do take time and our lost cannot always be replaced. There will be days years from now that you would still long for your mom... And that is just fine and normal! What is wrong is staying sad for long or forgetting there are others who cares and love you. You take care mommy, when you feel sad just pray and seek for God's guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it took me 3 years to get over my lolo's death (i grew up with him) but i eventually did, he will always remain special to me as im sure yours will too. let their legacy live on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone has different times and coping mechanisms for moving on. I'm glad that you're owning up and heading the road to healing. Don't worry, she hasn't really left, for she will be always in you heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mrs. A, I nominated you for the Versatile Bloggers Award.

    I hope you have some time to nominate others as well..

    Thanks!

    http://w0ohlala.blogspot.com/2015/02/nomination-my-first-ever-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I know what a person can do about this? I can relate. My brother suddenly left us last December and I can't seem to shake off the sadness from it.

    I'm sorry about you losing your mom. I understand how you must feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remembered my lolo. I was just 6 years old when he died the day before my birthday. Until now, I can still remember the pain of losing him - and its been decades already. our loved ones are looking at us from heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I felt grief when a close friend whom I considered a brother passed away late last year, but I'm sure it doesn't compare to the pain you must have felt. But you're right in your sentiments about moving on because there are still so many people here on earth who love you and need you. I hope God gives you comfort and solace, sis!

    ReplyDelete

Lazada Philippines
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...