Milly has lots of educational toys and books. Long before she was born, I’ve been buying toys for her already. Toys that I believe which would help improve her motor and sensory skills. I also loved checking out the latest in the market, the ones that lit up and sing when pressed are on my watch list.
Of course Milly has her own favorite; she loves her Baby Einstein Octopus which makes her smile every time she hears its funny tone. However, even if she has all of these educational, musical and beautiful toys to play with, Milly prefers to play with baby wipes, diapers, tissue papers, powder, pillow tags, and the tail of her stuffed toy elephant. (ONLY THE TAIL).
I tried hiding all these stuff from her so the toys I purchased would serve its purpose, but the moment I try to get it from her she cries so hard as if someone hit her. So I let her play whatever stuff she wants to as long as I know it’s not harmful to her.
So here are her top 5 favorites:
1. Baby wipes - she loves playing with this. She doesn’t pull the wipes, but she keeps on turning the plastic packaging up and down. Perhaps she loves the sound that it creates.
2. Powder case - this keeps her from moving around while I dress her up after bath.
3. Nappy cream - like her powder case, she loves playing with it while she dresses up.
4. Diaper - Milly loves to roll over and it’s quite a challenge for us to change her diaper because she doesn’t like it if she lies on her back. To keep her from rolling, we have to give her an unused diaper that she can play and eat. Well, not literally eat but she just enjoys putting the diapers in her mouth. That won’t hurt her right? I believe diapers are clean anyway. That’s why some of her diapers are already outspread and is no longer on its original “fold”.
5. And her most favorite? The pillow tags - whenever she’s in a bad mood, or if she’s crying, all we need to do is to give her some pillows that have a tag on it. She’d squirm the tag and take a look at it very carefully, and then she’d smile. Mark and I used to tease her that she’s brand conscious that’s why she’s a big fan of tags. (wag naman anak!) This is where the hard part comes in - most of our pillows have tags so every time she sees it whenever we put her to sleep, she rolls over and play with it.
For the record, I’ve already sold 6 of her most precious toys because I know that she wouldn’t enjoy it anyway. :D
How about you? What kind of toys your babies prefer to play with?