Gone were the days when my rest days or weekends held the promise of going out, watching a movie and lazy mornings in bed. The moment my husband and I became parents, our lives had changed as in - TOTALLY. Our weekends are no longer centered about catching enough sleep, dating, late movie nights and so much more.
We now spend our weekends watching Baby Einstein, Furchester Hotel and listening to nursery rhymes. Playing with our daughter and going to the mall less than 2 hours just to buy something important. On a side note, I know deep in my heart that I’d be lying if I tell that I feel really well-rested during my rest days from work.
This is how I spent my rest days last weekend:
· Cooked this meal for the family (as if we’re a big number, I just love cooking by batches so I don’t have to cook during lunch and dinner time, hehe)
· Played with our daughter (Palagi naman :) )
· Fed and made my daughter's baby food (palagi din :) )
· Went to the grocery
|Took this photo a week ago when we went to the grocery too :D|
· Spent some quality time with my husband. After several months, we finally got the chance to catch up a late movie. Too bad we weren’t able to finish it, because my daughter kept on waking up so i had to go back and forth the bed to cradle her.
· Got to read a very good book.
· Went to Paranaque to meet my stepmom.
· Did some general cleaning and re-arranged the room.
· Organized the cabinet :D
I barely get enough rest during rest days, but I know things will get better as soon as my daughter grows up. (or will it become worse?)
There are times that I still miss the old way, but I wouldn’t trade this kind of weekends with our daughter for the world. Weekends are no longer fun as much as before, but what I enjoy the most about my rest days is the time I spend with my husband and my daughter, and that is just priceless.