Thursday, July 9, 2015

Milly's first birthday party

Happy Rainy month of July! J

July is the month that will be forever etched in my heart because it’s my daughter’s birth month.  God knows how thankful we are for having her most especially that I am one of the few women who had a difficult time try to conceive a baby.

The apple of our eye just turned 1 last July 6 and I must say it’s one of the best days I ever had. I felt like an uber ulirang nanay during my daughter’s birthday not just because I cooked lots of food, but there’s this feeling, like a combination of joy, contentment, bittersweet which I really don't know the exact term to use to explain how I felt that day. 

IF you’ve been reading my blog, you may have noticed that  I love planning big parties. I started with our wedding, to my friend’s wedding down to my daughter’s baptism. I  had lots of plans too for my daughter’s 1st birthday celebration. I actually hated myself for booking a lot of suppliers and the money went into the drain because they are no longer refundable. I was glad with our decision and more than happy that a lot of kids have enjoyed Milly’s intimate party.  To share you a piece of my silliness, I paid the downpayment to two birthday venues and some suppliers so I could block Milly’s birthdate. But since I am too fickle minded, we ended up celebrating Milly’s birthday at home because I no longer wanted a big celebration and I wanted to keep the party as simple as it could be. I know my daughter so much, and she would hate me for throwing a big party for her. She hates noise and unfamiliar faces. I’m sure it would be traumatic for her if we followed the original plan.

I’m telling you, nothing beats homemade birthday parties. Remember hotdogs with marshmallows? Paper plates stuffed with spaghetti, pansit, lumpia and puto  on the side! Plus take home handa for the guests. So nostalgic, huh. The way how we celebrated my daughter’s birthday brought back soooo many childhood memories. Most parents nowadays are so fixated preparing for the most unique birthday parties - themes, booths and so much more.  I myself actually got overwhelmed with the themes suggested by party planners, but as my daughter’s birthday comes near, I realized that I wanted to have a party where kids can really enjoy, plus I didn’t want  to undergo the stress of planning and organizing each and every detail of her party. I wanted it to be simple; and so we followed the practical way.

Good bye to over 8K reservation fee (I actually hate myself for this. Hehe), but for Milly’s birthday celebration alone, we only spent 2,500 inclusive of party banner, hats and 6 pieces of balloons. :D We were actually supposed to go to the mall and to the church on the day of her birthday but due to typhoon Egay, we ended up cooking the usual  birthday handa. Due to class suspension, we were able to invite few kids too. Too bad we didn’t have any lootbags for them since the party was really unexpected.

 
Day before Milly's birthday ♥ 













Milly's first tiny steps 
A video posted by @kc_alcantara on
So there! :) It may have been a super rainy day on her birthday, but I truly believe that it's a sign of blessing and another bountiful year for Milly love. 

2 comments:

  1. Sayang yung 8k sis! Ganyan na ganyan din ako nung nagpaplan ako ng birthday ng twins ko. But we ended up having a simple party the traditional one with lots of DIY. I think we spent no more than 8k. Mas prefer ko na din ang simple parties ngayon with all the expenses that we need to think about. And besides kids will not look on how the party is but how they will really enjoy it.:)

    --

    nhengswonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Lazada Philippines
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...